Mother’s Day may be a “Hallmark Holiday,” but we all feed into it one way or another. Let’s face it, everyone has a mother figure in their life whether we consider that woman to be a birth mom, a step mom, an adopted mom, an aunt, grandma or influential friend. There's usually a special woman on Mother’s Day that deserves to be recognized. Knowing this, brands can leverage online campaigns around Mother's Day to offer a special gift or incentive with mom in mind, targeting moms themselves and their loved ones.
One of Rhythm Interactive’s clients, ARZU STUDIO HOPE , is an innovative model of social entrepreneurship that helps Afghan women weavers and their families break the cycle of poverty by providing them steady income and access to education and healthcare by sourcing and selling the rugs they weave. Their target audience is mainly women between the ages of 32 to 65 years of age. With women and families being at the core of the ARZU brand, Mother’s Day is very important to the organization and marks an opportunity for increased brand engagement.
One Mother's Day, ARZU launched a contest to engage users by allowing them to enter to win an amazing prize - an ARZU rug valued at $3,500. This marketing strategy met the primary business goal of increasing brand awareness with a secondary goal of increasing online rug sales by offering a discount on rugs purchased within the contest duration.
Rhythm designed and developed a custom microsite where contestants submitted an image coupled with copy about why their mom/grandma/aunt/wife/etc. should win an ARZU rug. A voting feature was integrated for people to vote on their favorite entry and social sharing played a vital role to help contestants gain more votes.
The campaign was promoted via the ARZU website, campaign-specific emails, PPC ads on search engines and social platforms, PR efforts and more. Overall, the campaign was successful in meeting ARZU's business goals and was very popular among ARZU’s audience.
Specific Campaign Elements Created Included (but not limited to):
- Microsite that described the contest, defined the rules and highlighted the prize
- Rules & regulations page for complete details
- Entry/voting page that housed all entries with an area where people could vote for their favorite entry
- Featured approval mechanism so ARZU could review entries before they were published
- Social sharing incorporated
- Email communications including acquisition emails, promotional emails, thank you emails, special offer emails, winner announcement emails
- New creative detailing the contest added to ARZU's main website
- Specific campaign CTA buttons on ARZU's main website
- Facebook and Google PPC ads targeted to specific demographics
Think your company could benefit from an integrated holiday online campaign? Contact Rhythm and we’ll get the brainstorming sessions started.