Compelling Content Cultivates Connectivity
I recently interviewed Michael Stelzner, the author of the newly released, Launch: How to Quickly Propel Your Business Beyond the Competition. He also happens to be the founder of SocialMediaExaminer.com -- an online magazine focused on all things social. Technorati ranks SocialMediaExaminer within the top 5 small business blogs -- rank being based on the blog’s influence within its subject area. With more than 500,000 monthly page views and more than 80,000 newsletter subscribers, Stelzner is definitely doing something right and I had the privilege to tap into his brain and benefit from his insight/learnings.
Stelzner’s new book, Launch, is packed with valuable content that talks about producing just that -- content. We are all looking for valuable, rich content to learn from and this demand has made most marketers take a new direction when it comes to marketing. It is no longer only about pushing or selling a product or service and more about sharing resources, helping others and establishing more of a relationship in effort to gain trust and loyalty among your audience.
In this interview, Stelzner shares some great tips and suggestions surrounding:
- How to produce rich content that will be shared across numerous channels
- What types of content (i.e. case studies, reviews, reports, how-to posts, lists, etc.) are proven to be successful and generate more traffic/interest
- What NOT to do when it comes to generating content
- How brands/individuals can leverage other sources of content
- What tools can be used to promote your content throughout various channels
So grab a beverage, sit back, and get ready to take some notes. Oh, and if you like this video...share it.
Now, go pick up a copy of Stelzner’s latest book, Launch (also available in digital version). I’ve had it for about a week and can tell this is one book that will be referenced A LOT.
Get more fuel behind producing valuable content.